Our licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists have specialty training and expertise in pediatrics and work together to provide comprehensive care that meets your child’s individual needs.
A Team Approach
Trained professionals in pediatric therapy and rehabilitation evaluate children's functional abilities and develop individualized treatment plans to help maximize independence and quality of life. Team members use a variety of techniques and technologies to:
- Support growth and development
- Prevent future complications and impairments
- Relieve pain
- Improve cognitive abilities
- Improve strength, coordination, range-of-motion and tine motor skills
- Relax muscles
- Develop self-care skills
- Enhance speech and language skills
- Address swallowing and feeding problems
- Teach the correct use of wheelchairs, braces and other assistive devices
Who Can Benefit?
Therapists use fun, age-appropriate activities to help kids develop key coordination, motor and hand-eye abilities and verbal skills. The gains that children make during rehabilitation therapy often help them to perform at or closer to age level and improve their self-confidence and self-esteem.Children can benefit from therapy if they have:
- Birth defects or birth injuries
- Neurological, musculoskeletal or rheumatologic conditions
- Orthopedic conditions, either from injury or congenitally
- Developmental delays
- Acute traumas
- Surgical recovery needs
- Chronic diseases (such as sickle cell, heart or kidney diseases)
Questions? Contact the Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation clinic at 540.316.2680.