History & Tradition
Fauquier Hospital initially opened its doors as a 20 bed hospital on February 26, 1925. Purchased for $14,000, Fauquier Hospital was occupied in the "Garner House" as it was known, and was located at 32 Waterloo St., Warrenton, VA. It wasn't until April of 1956 when hospital hill was chosen as the new location for the hospital.
To read about the complete history, click here to download a copy of the Monument on the Hill.
Who we are Today
In November of 2013, Fauquier Health partnered with LifePoint Health.
Fauquier Health is now a 97-bed acute care hospital offering surgical services (including robotics), a 24-hour Emergency Department, extensive medical imaging capabilities, an Intensive Care Unit and much, much more. The Fauquier Health system offers patient care for a variety of specialty services including a new Center for Cancer Care, Orthopedics and Spine, a Cardiac Catheterization Lab, robotic-assisted surgery, and a Center for Weight Loss. The fourth floor of the hospital is devoted to our Family Birthing Center and Intermediate Care Nursery.
Fauquier Health also encompasses the Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Villa at Suffield Meadows assisted living facility, the Wellness Center and the Wound Healing Center, and the Sleep Center.
Fauquier Health is one of the largest employers in Fauquier County and consists of approximately 1,000 staff and 220 physicians.
Fauquier Health Physician Services encompasses a variety of specialty focuses such as:
- Heart & Vascular
- Family Practice at Bealeton
- General Surgery at Culpeper
- Cancer & Hematology
- Interventional Radiology
- Infectious Disease
- OB/GYN & Midwifery
- Piedmont Internal Medicine