Childbirth Education Classes
Fauquier Health's Family Birthing Center and the Fauquier Health OB/GYN & Midwifery clinics are excited to provide patients with the opportunity to attend personalized and convenient online childbirth classes.
How does it work?
Powered online, patients are now able to access a variety of classes through a virtual platform. Each patient can register to sign up for the classes for which they will have the opportunity to connect through a live video feed with certified and experienced childbirth educators. The educator will provide live and interactive teaching with dedicated time for the patient to ask questions. Patients now have more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule and can connect from the comfort of their own home.
Classes Available Include:
- Early Pregnancy Preparations. A roadmap to a typical pregnancy journey, highlighting all the key milestones. You will hear about nutrition, exercise, and mental health.
- Prenatal Bootcamp. A detailed overview of the labor and delivery process. Also covers the basics of common medical interventions and postpartum strategies.
- Coping and Comfort. An experiential class that equips parents with nonpharmacological tools and strategies commonly used for coping with labor.
- Breastfeeding 101. A class filled with specific instructions and expert advice on how to get a good start to breastfeeding.
- Newborn Care. A course designed to help new parents become familiar with newborn behavior and the ins-and-outs of practical babycare.
Hear directly from our team.
Jammie Moran, Director of Family Birthing Services
“We have been very eager to bring back our childbirth classes for our patients. After COVID, it was important for us to get creative and identify a way to give our patients full access to the education and resources they deserve. Since going virtual, we can now offer a variety of topics, provide time for interactive discussion, and encourage group chats for shared experiences.”
Monica Freidline, Certified Nurse Midwife
“Now we can offer patients with topics that fit their stage of pregnancy or area of interest post pregnancy. We will offer our patients with the opportunity to choose five classes including – early pregnancy preparations, prenatal bootcamp, coping and comfort associated with labor, breastfeeding 101, and newborn care.”
Need Assistance? Please contact email@example.com.