Since May of 2000, Fauquier Hospital has been a Planetree affiliated hospital. Planetree is a model of patient-centered care that is all-encompassing, from the design of the physical environment to the welcoming of family members as part of the health care solution. Fauquier Health has a beautiful, soothing, and healing environment. Artwork graces the walls and soft music fills the hallways. The Fauquier Hospital staff takes great pride in providing nurturing, patient-centered care.
Patient Centered Care
- Patient and family communication with staff includes shift-to-shift communication, interdisciplinary communication and care planning conferences.
- Information and education is crucial, that includes easy access to your medical records and plan of care.
- Partnerships with the community increase access to care and social supports, such as partnering with local healthcare providers to improve the continuum of care through care coordination and communication.
- Architectural and interior designs include spacious, single occupancy rooms with natural lighting that can accommodate an overnight guest.
- Nutritional and nurturing aspects of food are featured in the Bistro on the Hill. This includes a diverse menu full of delicious food.
- Spirituality and cultural needs involved in treatment plans. At Fauquier Health, we have chaplain coverage to meet your spirituality needs any time of day. Cultural preferences are also considered in plans of care, scheduling, and activities of daily living (meals, bathing, sleep, and grooming).
- Positive diversions that include music, pet therapy and reiki.
- A committee of hospital leadership, staff, patients and family members that assist with implementation and maintenance of person-centered practices.