Since May of 2000, Fauquier Hospital in Northern Virginia has been a Planetree affiliate. Planetree is a model of patient-centered care that is all-encompassing, from the design of the physical environment to the welcoming of family members as part of the health care solution.
Fauquier Hospital into a beautiful, soothing, healing environment. Artwork graces the walls and soft music fills the hallways.
The Fauquier hospital staff takes great pride in providing nurturing, patient-centered care. Family and friends are welcome anytime, day or night.
Fauquier Health is Dedicated to Providing a Culture of Person-Centered Care
- Patient and family communication with staff – this includes shift-to-shift communication, interdisciplinary communication and care planning conferences.
- Information and education -- including access to your medical record and plan of care.
- Partnerships with the community to increase access to care and social supports -- such as partnering with local healthcare providers to improve the continuum of care through care coordination and communication.
- Architectural and interior design -- such as spacious, single occupancy rooms with natural lighting that can accommodate an overnight guest.
- Nutritional and nurturing aspects of food with true choice -- the Bistro on the Hill features a diverse menu full of delicious food, all made to order.
- 24-hour family, friends and social support presence (visitation).
- Spirituality and cultural needs involved in treatment plans. At Fauquier Health, we have 24/7 chaplain coverage to meet your spirituality needs any time of day. Cultural preferences are also considered in plans of care, scheduling, and activities of daily living (meals, bathing, sleep, and grooming).
- Positive diversions that include music, pet therapy and reiki.
- A committee of hospital leadership, staff, patients and family members that assist with implementation and maintenance of person centered practices.
For More Information
Fauquier Health's Planetree coordinator is Christopher Drake. He can be reached at 540-316-2617.
For more information on the Planetree organization, go to: www.planetree.org.