Making Communities Healthier, Today and for Future Generations
November 12, 2021
By: Steven Wojcik, Board Chair, Fauquier Health
Fauquier Health is proud to be a part of Warrenton, Fauquier County, and surrounding areas. As a leader in our community, we strive to provide the highest quality care possible – both inside and outside our hospital walls – guided by our mission of Making Communities Healthier.
This mission has taken on a whole new meaning over the past year and a half as our team of hardworking physicians and staff has worked alongside our local, regional, and state partners to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Through community alliances and partnerships, we have distributed countless face masks, provided continuous education and resources to the public, established a hotline number for community members and helped establish a COVID-19 vaccine clinic that provided over 27,000 vaccinations to the public.
Even through such a difficult period, we were able to make significantly positive impacts on our community in a number of beneficial ways. The most critical of those is our ability to provide high quality care close to home, to those who need it most. Quality and service are the foundation of our approach to care. Inviting top notch care providers into our community and investing in our facilities are key to ensuring that we are meeting our community’s evolving healthcare needs effectively.
Supporting local organizations and being a fiscally responsible member of the community continue to be critical extensions of our mission beyond our facility’s walls. For this reason, we felt it was important to reflect on the economic growth that was made possible because of the health system’s successes and contributions.
Over the past several years, Fauquier Health has:
- Recruited physicians and advanced practice providers across multiple specialties, including – emergency care, retina surgery, cardiology, hospital medicine, obstetrics & gynecology, midwifery, orthopedics, neurology, podiatry, primary care, interventional radiology, and more.
- Invested more than $30 million in capital improvements including facility upgrades and cutting-edge technology.
- Distributed a payroll in excess of $400 million to just over an average of 1,000 employees.
- Paid more than $30 million in local and state taxes. This is an important benefit to the community, contributing to local projects, road maintenance, infrastructure and schools.
- Provided over $2 million in community benefits programs that help to support local organizations, community events, physician recruitment efforts, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Delivered over $50 million in charity and uncompensated care to our community members, regardless of their ability to pay.
We are proud members of the Fauquier and Culpeper Chambers of Commerce and support multiple local organizations including Culpeper and Fauquier County NAACP, Fauquier County Public Schools, Fauquier Free Clinic, Boys and Girls Club of Fauquier, SpiritWorks Foundation, various local food banks and many more.
We are thankful for the trust our community instills in Fauquier Health. By choosing quality care close to home over a regional facility elsewhere, you are helping us to ensure our community’s access to the better care, sustainment of local employment, enhanced economic development and overall, a greater well-being of the place we call home.
Learn more about the many ways Fauquier Health is Making Communities Healthier, today and for future generations at FauquierHealth.org/Today.