April 19, 2013
To celebrate the Baby Boomer generation and beyond, Fauquier Hospital will hold a special Healthy Living Expo just for those 50 and older. Highlights include a fitness exhibition featuring yoga, Tai Chi and
Zumba Gold; cooking demos; several seminars – including one on websites you can trust; and lots of health screenings and informational opportunities.
The festivities will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 12 noon on Saturday, April 27, in the conference area of the hospital on the first floor. Pre-register for the Healthy Living Expo to be entered into a drawing for an iPad. Door prizes will be given away throughout the morning, including a grand prize fitness package: a three-month membership to the Fauquier Health Wellness Center, personal trainer sessions, a massage session and a consultation with a nutritionist.
Healthy Living Seminars
• Integrative Medicine, with Dr. Joseph David: 9:30 a.m.
• Memory Loss, with Dr. Kristin Williams, neurologist: 11 a.m.
• Wired: Internet Sites You Can Trust and Top 10 Apps for Your iPad: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
FREE Health Screenings
• Blood Pressure
• Senior Fitness Assessment
• Bone Density
• Varicose Vein and Leg Pain Screening
Almost two dozen community organizations serving seniors will be on hand as well. Attendees who bring a list of their medications can have a pharmacist review them for potential interactions. Bring your questions about Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, Alzheimer’s, stroke, diabetes, COPD, congestive heart failure, fitness and nutrition, and physical therapy. Health system and community experts will be available to help.
• Cooking Demo – Some great ideas for healthy, delicious meals
• Senior Fitness – featuring yoga, Tai Chi and Zumba Gold
• Chair Massage
Pre-register for the Healthy Living Expo to be entered into a drawing for an iPad. To pre-register, call 540-316-3588.