Fauquier Health Hosts Family Wellness Fair and Diabetes Expo
September 3, 2012
will offer dozens of health screenings and informational opportunities at the Family Wellness Fair on Saturday, September 29, at Fauquier Hospital between 9 a.m. and noon.
Below are some of the screenings you can expect to find at the Family Wellness Fair 2012:
Cholesterol — Screening includes total cholesterol and HDL. (Fasting is not necessary.)
Blood Glucose — Your blood sugar level is a good measure of your risk for diabetes, as well as conditions like hypoglycemia. (Fasting is not necessary.)
Prostate Cancer -- Prostate cancer can often be discovered early by testing the amount of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) in your blood.
Breast Exams -- Early detection is a key to successful treatment.
Bone Density -- A bone density test makes it possible to know your risk of breaking bones.
Other Free Health Screenings and Demonstrations
Fauquier Health wants to help you take charge of your health. Take advantage of other health screenings and informational opportunities offered at the fair:
• Blood pressure and pulse checks
• BMI evaluation
• Height and weight checks
• Strength and flexibility screenings
• Pediatric developmental screenings
• Healthy snack samples
• Asthma educational games
• Hand-washing demonstrations
• Information booths
• Eye exams by the Lions vision van
• Healthy eating for kids demo
Saturday, September 29
9 a.m. to noon
Bistro on the Hill
The Diabetes Expo will feature:
• Door prizes and free samples
• Chair massage, stress management and Reiki therapy
• Vendors' booths with blood glucose meters, insulin pumps and educational materials
• Fitness demonstrations on the Bistro's patio
• Q & A with health professionals who specialize in working with diabetes patients
• Used sharps (needles, lancets, etc.) will be collected at the Fauquier Hospital Bistro entrance (No unused medications, businesses or physician offices, please.)
Community Food Drive: Please bring your nonperishable and canned goods to benefit our local community food bank. For the latest health fair details, visit www.fauquierhealth.org.
The Family Wellness Fair is sponsored by BB&T and The Fauquier Bank.