Fauquier Hospital provides opportunities for students, clinical and non-clinical, to complete courses-related educational rotations and practicums. Anyone who works in a hospital, including students, needs to meet certain requirements to ensure the health and safety of patients and staff.
Educational institutions sending students to Fauquier are responsible for meeting, submitting and tracking these requirements. An authorized representative of the school, not the student, must complete the appropriate forms verifying that the requirements are met and submit the form to Staff Development at Fauquier Hospital.
The following information will help you complete the requirements for your student rotations:
1. The sponsoring school must have a current, valid contract with Fauquier Health. To verify, contact Staff Development.
2. All school program directors (except nursing) must work with department directors for student placement. Nursing program directors work with Staff Development for nursing student placement.
3. Review the Requirements for Students and Clinical Instructors
4. A school official must complete the Student Clinical Requirements Grid 2017
5. Read, sign and return the Confidentiality and Security form.
6. Send the completed grid and signed Confidentiality form to Staff Development. This information must be reviewed by Staff Development prior to approval of a student rotation
7. Complete all required online training emailed by Staff Development to the email address listed on the Student Grid.
8. Arrange a time to get a student badge from Human Resources
9. All requirements must be met at least 2 weeks before the student is scheduled to begin.
For questions or further information contact:
500 Hospital Drive
Warrenton, VA 20186
Telephone: 540 316-3900
Fax: 540 316-3901